As The Walt Disney World Resort prepares to open to the public on July 11, 2020, many social distancing safety procedures have been put into place. One of the new requirements for visiting the Parks is to wear the appropriate mask to help keep guests safe from the spread of COVID-19. All guests from 2 years old and up are required to wear a mask. As guests visit The Walt Disney World parks during the summer months, the heat and humidity might make wearing a mask uncomfortable. For those in need of a “Mask Break”, Disney Parks have come up with their own “Relaxation Stations”. These “Relaxation Stations” will provide a safe and socially distanced area that will allow families a place to have a “Mask Break”.
Each “Relaxation Station” will have chairs and tables that have been social distanced with 10 feet between each of them. The guests will notice that some of the tables and benches have been marked with “For your Health and Safety this table is not available” signs to keep social distancing requirements. Some of the “Relaxation Stations” will be located inside, providing air-conditioning to those who need a “Mask Break”. The guest will also notice direction arrows when they enter the “Relaxation Station” area. Each area has it’s own entrance and exit, helping keep the flow of guests following the social distance guidelines as they enjoy their day at the Disney Parks.
Here are “Relaxation Stations” locations for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom that were released today:
- Tomorrowland Terrace in Tomorrowland (This one is an open air pavilion)
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus (This one is an inside air-conditioned room that is replacing the character meet and greet)
- Golden Oak Outpost in Frontierland (This one is open air location next to A Pirates Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas entrance)
- Pizzafari in Discovery Island (This is an inside air-conditioned room that was a quick-service restaurant)
- Upcountry Landing (This one is located across from UP! A Great Bird Adventure and is an open air location)
Epcot and Hollywood Studios also followed today with their respective “Relaxation Stations”:
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (This is an inside air-conditioned location that served as a character dining location in Norway in the World Showcase)
- Yorkshire County Fish Shop (This is an open air outside location located in the UK Pavilion in World Showcase)
- Between Mission Space and Test Track (This is an open air outside location located in Future World East)
- Star Wars Launch Bay (This is an inside air-conditioned location that served as a character meet and greet located in the Animation Courtyard)
- Near Rise of the Resistance (This is an open air location that will be located near the Rise of the Resistance ride)
As The Walt Disney World Resort prepares to open to the public with social distancing guidelines and mask requirements, the guests can rest assure that Disney will always provide topnotch service. These “Relaxation Stations” are just one way guests will be able to enjoy the parks and feel safe doing so!