Some areas in the US are still experiencing summer-like weather, causing many to pine for some cooler temps and changing leaves to start happening soon. But for all of us Frozen fans anxiously awaiting the release of Frozen 2 on November 22nd, we're hoping to skip fall altogether and just jump straight into winter!
The Frozen 2 soundtrack coming out November 15th is already generating a huge buzz as the latest confirmed artists include: Weezer, Panic! At the Disco, Kacey Musgraves, and the new and returning cast members from the film including Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, Jonathan Groff and Evan Rachel-Wood. The new song titles were all written by Oscar-winning Frozen songwriting duo Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez.
The storyline will pick up 3 years after we left off Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Sven, and the huggable Olaf. Elsa's powers are still growing and upon the advice of Grand Pabbie troll, she must go into the unknown and embark on a quest through the Enchanted Lands and he warns, "The past is not what it seems. You must find the truth." And with seamless editing, the troll's quote sets up the start to the preview of her new anthem, "Into the Unknown." Since it's debut, critics are already hailing the song as the next Disney smash hit, and has most stating they expect it to be as big (or bigger) than "Let it Go" ever was among the franchise's fanbase. Just from the preview you can hear a more stabilized confidence and acceptance in herself despite the continued uncertainty regarding her powers, her control of them, and their origin.
(Bonus: From the newest poster and preview, it looks like we will get a cute new tiny sidekick!)
It looks like Elsa has embraced WHO she is, and now her continuing adventure will be to find out WHY she has her powers, and WHERE they came from… and we don't know how we're going to wait another month and a half just watching the hours tick by!
The entire Frozen 2 soundtrack list includes tracks:
1. “All Is Found,” performed by Evan Rachel Wood
2. “Some Things Never Change,” performed by Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad and Jonathan Groff
3. “Into the Unknown,” performed by Idina Menzel (feat. AURORA)
4. “When I Am Older,” performed by Josh Gad
5. “Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People (Cont.),” performed by Jonathan Groff
6. “Lost in the Woods,” performed by Jonathan Groff
7. “Show Yourself,” performed by Idina Menzel and Evan Rachel Wood
8. “The Next Right Thing,” performed by Kristen Bell
9. “Into the Unknown,” performed by Panic! At the Disco (end credits)
10. “All Is Found,” performed by Kacey Musgraves (end credits)
11. “Lost in the Woods,” performed by Weezer (end credits)
Do you think "Into the Unknown" will be bigger than "Let it Go?" Which song on the soundtrack are you most excited to hear? Not excited for Frozen 2 at all? Tell us in the comments and come join us over on social media!
Mother of a real-life tiny Tinkerbell, veteran spouse, writer, crafter, shopaholic and coffee connoisseur on a budget.