Connect with us

Entertainment

Candlelight Processional to Raise Money For Cast Members

Tabitha Boothe

Published

on

A Candlelight Processional is being held in Celebration, FL. It’s to raise money for Disney Cast Members. Normally EPCOT hosts every year at Disneyworld. This is the first time since this tradition began that Disney fans won’t be experiencing it. We are missing the retelling of the Christmas story that hundreds of cast members brought to life every year. Well, Celebration, FL really stepped up and provided the opportunity to some talented cast members.

Candlelight Processional

The Presbyterian Church in Celebration, who hosted this event, had this to say:

12 Days of Christmas Celebration

“One of the most beloved traditions of the Christmas season at Disney is the Candlelight Processional.  It started in 1958 at Disneyland and the opening of Walt Disney World in 1971. Hundreds of Disney Cast Members have made up the choir that was headlined by visiting celebrities.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Candlelight Processional is cancelled for the first time ever. In addition, the pandemic has forced Disney to lay-off or furlough a large number of Disney Cast Members. The entertainment community of Disney Cast Members has been hit especially  hard. We decided to bring some cheer to these hard hit Cast Members and the local communities. The Community Presbyterian Church in Celebration has organized a social distancing event. It will surround the church property with the voices from the past Candlelight Processionals.  Donations are encouraged as we help these talented people weather through these difficult times.” You can find their website here.

Tonight, December 23rd, was the last performance. Donations, however, are still highly encouraged. 90% of the money will help out the laid off and furloughed Disney Cast Members. The other 10% will be used to offset costs of the events. You can also visit the Go Fund Me page for more info.

You can view the last Candlelight Processional performance here.

I grew up on Disney and being from Arizona, I was able to go every summer with my family. My love of all things Disney has just grown over time and have now been instilled into my marriage and our three wonderful kids! We love Disney and go as often as we can.

Trending